1.0 | User Management
Users with admin access can manage users in the Online Video Platform.
- Click the “Settings” icon in the upper right corner
- Select “Users” from the menu. If you can’t see this option, it means you don’t have the user management permission. Contact your account manager or the support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to add this permission or to help you with setting up new accounts.
- Here, you can create new users, edit or delete existing users, and reset user passwords.
1.1 | Create a new user
To create a new user:
- Click the “Create a new user” button.
- For every user the following details are stored:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
By default, the username will be composed of the first letter of the first name, followed by a dot (
.) and the last name.
- Password (case sensitive)
If left blank, the OVP will send an email to set a new password. A password requires at least 8 characters in total, one lower case letter, one upper case letter and one number.
- One or more user roles
See Roles and permissions for more information
- When finished, click Save on the bottom right to add the user.
1.2 | Duplicate a user
Duplicating a user can be convenient when creating multiple users with the same permissions. To duplicate:
- Select an existing user
- Click “Duplicate”.
- The same roles will be applied to the new user, and you’ll be promped to fill in the rest of the user information
- Click “Save” on the bottom right to add the user.
2.0 | Set / Reset password
When an account is created, an email will be sent to the specified email address with further instructions to activate the account by setting a password that will be used to log in.
When you have forgotten your password, it is possible to reset your password by providing the email address that is linked to your account. Click Forgot password? to receive an email to set a new password.