Reach a bigger audience by making your live stream available on other platforms like YouTube and Facebook. First, create a live stream on the other platform. You will then receive a URL and a stream key with which you can continue the live stream from the OVP. Read more about setting up a live stream in the Blue Billywig platform here.
1.0 | YouTube
- Log in to YouTube.
- Click on the “+” video icon at the top right and click on “Go live”.
- Give the stream a title and fill in the other fields. Then click on “Create stream”.
- The live stream is now ready on YouTube. Under “Stream settings” enter the following information:
- Stream URL
- Stream key (fit in encoder)
2.0 | Facebook
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click on the three dots (“…”) under “Create message” and then choose “Live video”.
- Select “Use Stream Key” under “Set live video” and click “Next”.
- Under “Set up stream”, enter the following information:
- Server URL
- Stream key
Retrieving the URL and stream key is different in every platform. You may need to search documentation of the platform to find the information you need.
You can then forward your live stream to the other platform in the OVP. To do this, just:
- Open the live video in the OVP and click on the “Restreaming” tab.
- Click on “Create New”.
- Fill in the fields:
- Title: a title to easily recognize the restream. For example “Restreaming to YouTube”.
- Restream type: “RTMP”.
- Restream URL: the URL you took from the other platform in the previous step.
- Restream name: the stream name or stream key that you took over from the other platform in the previous step.
- Target URL: Optionally, you can enter the URL of the page where the stream is shown on the other platform.
- Click “Save”.
If the live stream in the OVP is set to “Published”, the stream is live and is also forwarded to the other platform.