Reach a larger audience by presenting your live stream on platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
First, create a live stream on the platform of choice. Whether it’s YouTube, Facebook or another platform: you will receive a “stream URL” and a “stream key” that you can submit to the Blue Billywig Online Video Platform.
Read more about setting up a live stream in the Blue Billywig platform here.
1.0 | Setup a YouTube stream
- Login to YouTube;
- Click on the “+” video icon at the top right and click on “Go live”;
- Enter a stream title and fill in the other fields;
- Click “Create stream”;
- Under “Stream settings” you can fetch the:
- Stream URL
- Stream key (fit in encoder)
2.0 | Setup a Facebook stream
- Login to Facebook;
- From your profile or home page, create a new live video:
- Select “Use Stream Key”:
- Under “Live stream setup” you can fetch the:
- Server URL
- Stream key
3.0 | Connect your livestream to third party platform
After setting up a livestream on a third party platform (such as YouTube or Facebook), the next step is to configure the restream settings in the OVP:
- In your live media clip open the “Restreaming” tab;
- Click “Create New”:
- Fill in the fields:
Only visible in the OVP to easily manage your restreams: for example “Facebook Restream”.
- Restream type:
- Restream URL:
Enter the stream URL fetched from the third party platform in the previous steps.
- Restream name:
Enter the stream name or stream key fetched from the third party platform in the previous steps.
- Target URL (optional):
Enter the URL of the page where the stream is shown on the other platform.
- Click “Save”.
If the live stream in the OVP is set to “Published”, the stream is live and is also forwarded to the other platform.