We’re pleased to release the version 7.95 of the Blue Billywig Online Video Platform.
You can now easily add chapters to your media clips from within the OVP. Simply navigate to the chapters tab in your media clip details, and start adding chapters.
You can manually add chapters and assign them to the right timestamp, or use the preview on the right to navigate to the desired section of your media clip and add a chapter to that specific timestamp. You can even select the right frame by using the left and right arrows.
Do note that the first chapter always needs to start on the 00:00:00 timestamp.
Promotional content on Channels
We’ve added a new element to our Channels feature that allow you to link towards a different section on your webpage, or even another one of your Channels. This can be handy when you want to redirect your viewer to a specific promotion you’re running, for example.
You can easily add this new element from the Channel editor by selecting the “Promotional” option. All you need to do is provide us with a promotional image and a click-through url and we’ll make sure to add it to your Channel.
Facebook and Instagram exporting
Media can now be exported to connected Facebook and Instagram pages. There are some rules associated with this connection, so be sure to check our setup guide on the support site here.
- We’ve added the option to edit the role of a user who has been added through SSO. Before it was only possible to set a role upon the creation of a user, but not afterwards.
- We’ve introduced some visual tweaks to our Channels feature that ensure a more consistent display of the individual elements of your Channel. Additionally, we’ve reworked how you interact with the different playlists and highlighting the item that you’re currently hovering over.
- We’ve improved the animations for expanding and floating players.
- Fixed an issue with scrub bar preview unavailable /w adaptive streaming.
- Fixed an issue with the legacy XML search API.
- Fixed an issue with the player not always closing correctly when the close button was pressed.
- Fixed an issue with 3rd-party OMID viewability measurement compatibility.
- Fixed an issue where playback could not be resumed after clicking on an advertisement.
- Fixed an issue with delegate function during ad play.
- Fixed an issue with minification in the SDK.