Release 7.03 08/04/2019
We’re pleased to release version 7.03 of the Blue Billywig Online Video Platform.
- Playlists can now be configured as podcast/vodcast RSS feeds, including cover art and language metadata, for submission to iTunes or any other podcast directory. You’ll find the new options in the General tab of your playlists.
- Publications can be configured to enable new media clips to be published and go live before transcoding is complete, by optionally allowing the source file to be served to viewers while the optimized versions are still being transcoded.
- Publications can be configured to burn-in a desired logo when a file is uploaded matching a pre-determined filename pattern.
- Playouts can now be configured to prevent Autplay from occurring when no pre-roll ad will be served with it, making better use of inventory and improving the monetization of your video content. The option Only when pre-roll ad is available is now available when Autplay is checked and/or the In View action is something other than None.
- Steps in Flowcharts are now dropzones: you can drop a video file directly on a step to upload it and assign that Media clip to the step.
- The Playouts Behavior option “Avoid muted autoplay” has been renamed to “Only if video can be played with sound” to improve clarity alongside the new “Only when pre-roll ad is available” option.
- Fixed an issue with the VAST stats export where where the field ‘clickable endscreen’ would always show as ‘false’ in some publications
- Fixed an issue where raw query based smart playlists failed to deliver the correct results in an embedded player
- Fixed VPAID (Player) not working in-app on iOS