Ad schedules allow you to create pods of ads that can be assigned to one or more playouts. Using a schedule, you can choose to add any combination of pre, mid, and post-rolls to your content. To get to the Ad schedules section, first log into your account then navigate to Ad Services > Ad Schedules.
1.0 | General Settings
- Title: The name of your schedule.
- Code: The reference code for the ad unit. This field is automatically generated, but can be adjusted before saving the schedule for the first time.
- Playouts: Used to assign the schedule to one or more playouts.
2.0 | Ad Breaks Settings
- Minimum content length – Only display the pod of ads when clips are longer than this length in seconds.
- Allow skipping – Allows viewers to skip the entire pod of ads.
- Interval/Interval Unit – The frequency in number of seconds or percentage of a clip that mid-roll ad pods can display. (Mid-roll only)
- Align to scene changes – When enabled, the player attempts to align mid-roll placements to scene changes in the content automatically. (Mid-roll only)
- Add VAST URL – Add VAST tags to create a pod of ads.
3.0 | Create a Schedule
- Create a schedule by adding one or more VAST tags to any combination of pre, mid, and post-roll positions.
- When connected with a playout, a schedule will run according to its settings on every clip played.