1.0 About the YouTube export functionality
Within the Blue Billywig Video platform we’ve created functionality that makes it easier for you to upload a selection of video’s, present in the Blue Billywig platform to YouTube. Videos can be selected by using standard filtering, SOLR queries or using an assigned playlist.
The YouTube export functionality is mainly used to gain more exposure for your videos. Quite a lot of potential viewers use the Youtube search functionality as their default search engine.
- Blue Billywig’s API client uses Youtube API services;
- You consent to Blue Billywig using your credentials (authorised data) to post and retrieve data using the YouTube API. By this consent you grant Blue Billywig the right to:
- See, edit and permanently delete your YouTube videos, ratings, comments and captions;
- View and manage your assets and associated content on YouTube;
- Manage your YouTube account;
- Blue Billywig will only use part of these grants. Blue Billywig will upload selected video’s and it’s metadata as well as delete videos and metadata that were uploaded using this functionality once the user specifically initiates this in the platform.
- By using this functionality, you consent to Blue Billywig saving your authorised data as long as the functionality is used, authorised data is removed from our system when the functionality is disabled or removed. If you are unable to withdraw rights using our platform YouTube offers you the possibility to withdraw out the rights granted to the Blue Billywig API by visiting and changing the Google security settings. https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions
- Blue Billywig will only store data on its servers for this service that is needed for delivering full functionality of the service. In this case that means: credentials for using the API, selected upload channel, selected privacy setting for uploaded videos, category.
- Blue Billywig will only use this data for delivering services to you, this data is never shared outside Blue Billywig;
- BlueBillywig does not allow third parties to serve content, including advertisements;
- Blue Billywig will only collect data from a user’s device where necessary and only to improve its services or support its users. This data is general and no fingerprinting is done. Only functional cookies are set;
- If you have any questions or complaints around the use of Blue Billywig’s YouTube-exporter or our use of your authorised data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by mail or use the lifebuoy icon inside the platform (top-right) to contact support.How to set up the YouTube-exporter
Setting up YouTube export is easy. Here’s the ten step plan:
1) Sign-in to the Online video platform with your regular credentials;
2) On the top left choose “Media library” and choose the “Social” tab on the bottom left;
3) Authenticate by clicking the Authenticate button and log-in to the Google account you wish to use and grant the Blue Billywig API rights to manage your YouTube account.
4) Choose a channel description for your channel and fill that in the the designated field;
5) Select the privacy setting for your exported videos (Public is the default setting and that means anybody can see your exported video. Private means only those you invite to view the exported video can view it, Unlisted means your exported video will not come up in search results or on your channel either)
6) Choose a category for your channel so the channel can be indexed correctly by YouTube;
7) Click on Automated syncing and select automated syncing to automatically sync your videos automatically with YouTube;
8) Next up is selecting what to sync. The easiest way is to select a playlist you have already created to sync but you can also choose to build your own clip list by filtering or using the more advanced SOLR-query filtering. More info on playlists can be found here
9) Once you’re done with all of that, click save and do not forget to move the slider from inactive to active to exactly enable the export-feature for your configuration.
10) Sit back and relax. You’re done. If you log in to YouTube, you’ll see your channel populating based on your queries now;