1.0 Developer Options
The Developer options can be found by selecting the Playout and navigating to the Miscellaneous tab.
URL for comScore logging
Enable comScore logging by supplying an URL for comScore logging.
Disable JSON-LD tagging
By default, the player will runtime add JSON-LD tags to the page which are used by search engines. This option disables the placement of those tags.
Adobe Analytics Logging
Adobe Analytics logging by the player can be enabled via three playout settings: ‘Adobe Analytics Tracking Server‘, ‘Adobe Analytics Organization ID‘ and ‘Adobe Analytics Report Suite ID‘. All three are required.
- The Tracking Server can be requested from your Adobe account manager. It should have the form ‘<visitor_namespace>.hb.omtrdc.net’.
- The Organization ID can be found by signing in to Omniture ( https://sc3.omniture.com/login/ ) and navigating to Admin => User Management. It should have the form ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@AdobeOrg’. (see: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcloud/admin_getting_st… ). You do not have to setup the Marketing Cloud ID service; our player implements it for you.
- The Report Suite ID can be found by signing in to Omniture ( https://sc3.omniture.com/login/ ) and navigating to Admin => Report Suites. You may have to create a report suite first.
- Enable Cookies:
Functionality as well as tracking cookies are placed.The functionality cookies masterMute, masterVolume and userSelectedAsset are placed to store the user’s audio as well as video quality settings.To facilitate unique visitor statistics our tracking cookie uuid is placed as well as a local storage value (bb_uuid).If advertisements are configured on the playout, the player uses Google’s IMA SDK for personalized advertisements and allows the placement of its tracking cookies (GED_PLAYLIST_ACTIVITY and GFP).
https://stats.bluebillywig.com/ serves both as a tracking as well as a functionality cookie.
- Only Disable Tracking Cookies:
Functionality cookies are still placed by the player.The functionality cookies masterMute, masterVolume and userSelectedAsset are placed to store the user’s audio as well as video quality settings.If advertisements are configured on the playout, the player uses Google’s IMA SDK for personalized advertisements, but refuses the placement of its tracking cookies.The https://stats.bluebillywig.com cookie is placed but does not track users.
“Regular” analytics are still available
- Disable Cookies:
Neither functionality cookies nor tracking cookies are placed.The player avoids placement of tracking cooking by using the Blue Billywig Ad SDK instead of Google’s IMA SDK.”Regular” analytics are still available.
IAB Consent Framework support is intended for use with an IAB-compliant Consent Management Provider (CMP), such as Faktor.io.
These are the effects of withheld consent on the “standard purposes”:
- “Storage”: no cookies (hence no unique visitor tracking in stats), no preloading of Google IMA
- “Personalization”: no tracking cookies (hence no unique visitor tracking in stats)
- “Personalized Ads”: non-personalized ads only (via npa=1 parameter in DfP urls)
- “Personalized Content”: n/a
- “Measurement”: no stats logging (nor Blue Billywig stats nor Google Analytics, etc.)
The consent-system has priority over the playout settings (‘disableCookies’ en ‘noStats’). If no consent is found, the most conservative scenario is assumed. For that reason, the client has to intentionally activate the feature in the appropriate Playouts (setting: ‘IAB Consent Framework support’).
2.0 Google Analytics
The Google Analytics options can be found by selecting the Playout and navigating to the Miscellaneous tab.
Enable Google Analytics logging by supplying an ID for Google Analytics logging (of the form ‘UA-xxxxxxxx-x’ ).
When enabled the player logs “Init”, “Play”, “Finish”, “Replay”, and “Progress” events labeled with “<clip_id> – <clip_title>”, allowing you to identify individual clips.
Furthermore, five standardized dimensions are logged:
In Google Analytics the data is reported under “REAL-TIME” => “Events” and “BEHAVIOR” => “Events”, in categories “Audio” and “Video”.