The Developer options can be found by selecting the Playout and navigating to the Miscellaneous tab.
You can enable comScore logging by supplying an URL for comScore logging.
You can enable Google Analytics logging by supplying an ID for Google Analytics logging (of the form ‘UA-xxxxxxxx-x’ ). The player will then log “Init”, “Play”, “Finish”, “Replay”, and “Progress” events labeled with “<clip_id> – <clip_title>”, allowing you to identify individual clips. Furthermore, five standardised dimensions are logged: “dimension1”:<clip_id>, “dimension2”:<clip_title>, “dimension3”:<clip_length_ms>, “dimension4”:<clip_sourcetype>, “dimension5”:<clip_createddate>. In Google Analytics the data is reported under “REAL-TIME” => “Events” and “BEHAVIOR” => “Events”, in categories “Audio” and “Video”. Please contact our support team for more information on this option.
Adobe Analytics logging by the player can be enabled via three playout settings: ‘Adobe Analytics Tracking Server‘, ‘Adobe Analytics Organization ID‘ and ‘Adobe Analytics Report Suite ID‘. All three are required.
- The Tracking Server can be requested from your Adobe account manager. It should have the form ‘<visitor_namespace>.hb.omtrdc.net’.
- The Organization ID can be found by signing in to Omniture ( https://sc3.omniture.com/login/ ) and navigating to Admin => User Management. It should have the form ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@AdobeOrg’. (see: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mcloud/admin_getting_st… ). You do not have to setup the Marketing Cloud ID service; our player implements it for you.
- The Report Suite ID can be found by signing in to Omniture ( https://sc3.omniture.com/login/ ) and navigating to Admin => Report Suites. You may have to create a report suite first.
The option Disable cookies makes the player use our own advertising SDK, which does not set cookies. Furthermore, it avoids setting the ‘uuid’ cookie, disabling the tracking of unique visitors for analytics. Analytics will still work.
The option Only disable tracking cookies lets the player use Google’s advertising SDK [link?], limiting it to using non-tracking cookies. Furthermore, it avoids setting the ‘uuid’ cookie, disabling the tracking of unique visitors for analytics. Analytics will still work.
The option Enable cookies lets the player use Google’s advertising SDK, allowing it to use tracking cookies. Furthermore, it makes the player set a ‘uuid’ cookie, enabling the tracking of unique visitors for analytics. This is the setting’s default value.
IAB Consent Framework support is intended for use with an IAB-compliant Consent Management Provider (CMP), such as Faktor.io.
These are the effects of withheld consent on the “standard purposes”:
- “Storage”: no cookies (hence no unique visitor tracking in stats), no preloading of Google IMA
- “Personalization”: no tracking cookies (hence no unique visitor tracking in stats)
- “Personalized Ads”: non-personalized ads only (via npa=1 parameter in DfP urls)
- “Personalized Content”: n/a
- “Measurement”: no stats logging (nor Blue Billywig stats nor Google Analytics, etc.)
The consent-system has priority over the playout settings (‘disableCookies’ en ‘noStats’). If no consent is found, the most conservative scenario is assumed. For that reason, the client has to intentionally activate the feature in the appropriate Playouts (setting: ‘IAB Consent Framework support’).